So, the Daily Rager was nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Megan over at A Geeky Gal. First off, wow, thank you! We are glad that the hard hitting reporting and in depth analysis of gaming life and companies here at the Daily Rager has been found worthy of said reward.
In case any of you were wondering the Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, joy, warmth and any other emotions that you feel when you think about the sun.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 10 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now, we are left in a quandary. See, the Daily Rager delivers a certain level and type of content. While in the past we have been inspired by the works of others, we take our own path to stay true to form. So how do we respond to the following questions?
- What game are you currently playing?
- What game you’re most looking forward to?
- What is you favorite game of last year?
- What would you change about your favorite franchise?
- What game has influenced you creatively? Writing, drawing, etc.
- What games do you have multiple copies of?
- How do you usually spend a lazy evening?
- How many countries have you been to?
- What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
- What was the very first game you ever beat?
In the end, we know, we have been nominated for being The Daily Rager, so I, the editor, will follow true to form, maintaining the highest degree of journalistic integrity. If you are truly interested in a more personalized account, the editor may present in the comments sections.
What game are you currently playing?
I’m currently dominating at Fortnite. I’ve totally got the building fort things down, now if only people would quit knocking them down and killing me, I could actually build a decent fort. I never even get the keep’s parapet’s finalized, much less start on the walls.
What game you’re most looking forward to?
Metal Gear Solid Survive! We all know that the MSG series was being held back by Kojima. It’s nice for someone to breathe new life into the franchise.
What is you favorite game of last year?
I covered this in this post, but Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine
What would you change about your favorite franchise?
We need more first person shooting in Civilization. I mean, yeah, we get it. I can start as warriors and then eventually build Nuclear Missles, but what if I could actually STAB YOUR WARRIOR IN THE FACE! And then later, guide that nuke in and ANNIHILATE YOUR PEOPLE WATCH THEM BURN! I get all goosebumpy thinking about it.
What game has influenced you creatively? Writing, drawing, etc.
Probably Bad Dudes, I mean what a better way to launch anything?
What games do you have multiple copies of?
The Sims, though I’m pretty sure they’re intended to be sequels, I’m not totally convinced they are.
How do you usually spend a lazy evening?
Answering questions from bloggers with impeccable taste in writing.
How many countries have you been to?
That I can admit to? 11. Not sure how many of those will let me back in.
What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
The one with colorful static lines and the occasional glimpse of something. We had riveting TV in the rural mid west.
What was the very first game you ever beat?
Wait, you can actually beat games? Son of a… I’m going to go back and see if these actually can end!
(Only 10 is hard)
- Neko Jonez’ Gaming Blog
- Shoot the Rookie
- Nerd Speaker
- Later Levels
- Overthinkery who incidentally has been plugging an awesome Minecraft charity event.
- RVG (That’s Retro Video Gamer, if you must know)
- The Well Red Mage
- The Gaming Teacher
- What is your name?
- What is your quest?
- What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?
- Dysentery or Cholera?
- Why do you blog?
- What game made you wish you had brain bleach?
- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
- Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?
- Worst game you have actually completed?
- What’s your guilty pleasure game?